A fast response by Cooperstown firefighters helped prevent a blaze from breaking out Saturday at the Cooperstown Beverage Exchange. Three cardboard boxes in the store’s window started smoldering because of a “prism effort” from sunlight filtering through display bottles. That set off the building’s smoke alarm and firefighters forced their way in, grabbed the smoldering boxes and extinguished them in the street. The building wasn’t damaged.

This story provided in partnership with ALLOtsego.com.  Click here for more on this story.