Two more Great Classic Rock Acts Announced For NY State Fair
The Reimagined New York State Fair, Aug. 20 through Sept. 6, is back on and ready to fill the midway with funnel cakes, carnival rides, and a lot of New Yorkers. They are also filling the Chevy Park stage with some great acts. So far they announced some pretty great bands like Ratt and Reo Speedwagon.
Today they announced two more iconic classic rock bands. Blue Oyster Cult and Three Dog Night. I've seen both bands within the last three years and they both put on great shows.
Three Dog Night will take the stage on August 26th and Blue Oyster Cult will play on September 1st. Shows at the state fair are usually scheduled for 2 pm or 8 pm. I would imagine that these two shows will be in the 8 pm time slot. Concerts are free with your state fair admission but attendance will be limited due to Covid-19 restrictions.
I had the opportunity to talk to Eric Bloom, founding member of Blue Oyster Cult, and he was telling me that he can't wait to get back out on the road. We also talked about his love of video games and of course the Saturday Night Live "Cowbell" skit.
Here's the rest of the state fair concert lineup.
2021 New York State Fair concert lineup
- Nas — Friday, Aug. 20 at 8 p.m.
- Ratt — Saturday, Aug. 21
- Brothers Osborne — Sunday, Aug. 22 at 8 p.m.
- REO Speedwagon — Wednesday, Aug. 25 at 8 p.m.
- Three Dog Night — Thursday, Aug. 26
- Sister Sledge — Friday, Aug. 27, at 2 p.m.
- Melissa Etheridge — Friday, Aug. 27, at 8 p.m.
- Vixen and Great White — Saturday, Aug. 28
- Dropkick Murphys — Sunday, Aug. 29 at 8 p.m.
- The Oak Ridge Boys — Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 2 p.m.
- Halestorm — Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 8 p.m.
- Sheena Easton — Wednesday, Sept. 1 at 2 p.m.
- Blue Oyster Cult — Wednesday, Sept. 1
- Starship featuring Mickey Thomas — Thursday, Sept. 2